Information about each released version of PhaseWorm.
Refactored all scenes in Unity with a base resolution of 1920x1080, rather than 800x600 (ie: a 16:9 default instead of a 4:3 default). This should correct an issue with ultrawide resolutions (tested with 2560x1080) while menuing.
Changed algorithm for in-game dynamic scaling of screen size to support ultra widescreen resolutions as well as 4:3. This means two algorithms are used, and we always then choose the one which is more zoomed out.
- Fixed a bug which caused sound settings not to persist if the application was restarted.
I’m excited to announce the new feature release which takes the game from 0.1.x to 0.2.x.
9 Steam achievements!
- Problematic Practice - Eat the 14th and 15th apples in The Enchanted Forest without leaving the water.
- Winning Worm - Complete story mode.
- Proclaimer - Worm 1000 tiles.
- Shun Goku Satsu - Die 1000 deaths.
- Medal Meddler - Get a medal on any non-tutorial level.
- Medal Master - Get a medal on every level.
- Taste of Perfection - Get a platinum medal on any non-tutorial level.
- Wormadictorian - Complete all tutorial levels with a platinum medal.
- Platinum Perfection - Get a platinum medal on every level.
Progressively building in-game stage music!
- 5 new in-game music tracks which smoothly increase in complexity as you progress through story mode.
- Separate volume controls for master, sound, and music levels.
- Added a new feature by user request which gives more feedback on the death screen. Players will now see the color of their worm at time of death, and the object they collided.
- Fixed a minor typo in the Unity properties for Level 27 - “Intersections in Real Time” which was causing it not to log player deaths or medals on this stage.
- Level 25 - “Lake Rancid” contained a red apple on a brick tile. This was changed to the usual green apple for visiblity reasons.
- Added new control scheme for “Relative” controls. This allows the player to turn 90 degrees with the left and right arrow keys. The default controls are now labeled as “Absolute”.
- Created in-game options for resolution and fullscreen adjustments.